I wrote about this some time ago, but the more I read, the more I realize that the Department of Homeland Security still considers me a dangerous citizen. Let me count the ways.
I have an NRA sticker on my car. Not only that, but I belong to the Second Amendment Sisters, who declare that "self-defense is a basic human right."
These symbols warn authorities that I possibly have violent tendencies and might be tempted to take up arms against the government if I disagree with what's happening in the country or perhaps voice disagreement with our president.
One of grandsons, who served two tours in Iraq, will be on a watch list, I understand. DHS might consider me persuasive enough to influence him to join a militia. After all, he's vulnerable, now, and a trained military man.
Then there's my "One Nation Under God" sticker. That makes it obvious that I have dangerous religious views. Because I've demonstrated that in opinion pieces I've written and had published, defending marriage between a man and a woman and upholding the right to life, I'm as much a threat as a white supremacist.
By the way, I have half-black and half-Mexican grandchildren and great-grandchildren. However, I might still be called racist because I object to illegal immigration. As for being racist, how about Planned Parenthood? Read Margaret Sanger's goal and ask why so many black babies are targeted for abortion?
When in the not-so-distant future might I expect a knock at my door with the demand to search for my cache of weapons and ammo? When will the pastor of the church of my choice be approached and told to stop speaking out for traditional moral values, because it's hate speech and I'm being brainwashed?
The guarantee of states' rights is challenged. If I believe that states have the power to resist federal mandates at cross purposes with those states and cite the 10th Amendment to the Constitution, I am an extremist.
I guess I can add Governor Rick Perry of Texas to the list of right-wing nuts. He actually did affirm the sovereignty of the State of Texas.
I am an extremist. I do not believe in amnesty for illegal aliens. I petition for English only.
I am an extremist. I applaud the tea parties and hope it's only the beginning of a major wake-up call for the people of this nation.
I am an extremist. I want to remove from office judges who approve "sexting" for minors as young as 13.
I am an extremist. I want parents to be in charge of their children's education and religious and moral values.
I am an extremist. President Obama has been appointing the most radical, left-wing, socialists/marxists to positions of power. While we concentrate on the economy, the United States of America is being taken over more swiftly than I could have imagined.
We are irate at corporate bonuses and bank bailouts, but we don't seem to see that the federal government will own the banks and any other private entity it wants. And how about the transnationalizing of our economy, our justice system, our money? We are losing our national sovereignty, our currency, our Bill of Rights.
Then there is the volunteer program, which will be mandatory for just about all ages. What campuses will be necessary for training young people for the president's own National Security Army? Is this the "change" he wanted us to believe in?
The Fairness Doctrine, which will be called something else, if made into law, would totally shut off free speech in America. Local radio stations would answer to advisory boards to regulate content and decide what is or is not in the public interest. The Internet will be regulated, as well. Just read the plans coming from this administration.
At this point, I begin to wonder who is listening in on my phone conversations. (Strange. Bush isn't President, now, when he was being criticized for wire-tapping). Is my Internet being checked for Web sites I access? What about my e-mail sent and received?
Obamacare will soon restrict medical care to the elderly and seriously ill to cut costs. Doctors are leaving their practices already, in anticipation of what's coming. With a shortage of doctors, care will be automatically reduced.
Am I an extremist? Really?
9/21/11
No comments:
Post a Comment