Deus, in adjutorium meum intende. Domine, ad adjuvandum me festina.
O God, come to my assistance. O Lord, make haste to help me.
We are adjured to take up our cross and to follow Jesus. As our pastor said, the crosses we bear in this life are part of our humanity, and without them, large or small, heavy or light, they are meant for our sanctification. Our crosses, borne with patience and remembering that they are nothing as compared to the cross Our Lord bore for us, will be our means of gaining the everlasting joy of heaven. Every pain and sorrow is a step on the way to our own resurrection.
*********************
We adore Thee, O Christ and we praise Thee,
Because by thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.
Consider that Jesus, in making this journey with the cross on His shoulders, thought of us and offered for us to his Father the death that He was about to undergo.
My most beloved Jesus, I embrace all the tribulations that Thou has destined for me until death. I beseech Thee, by the merits of the pain Thou didst suffer in carrying Thy cross, to give me the necessary help to carry mine with perfect patience and resignation. I love Thee, Jesus, my love; I repent of having offended Thee. never permit me to separate myself from Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always, and then do with me what Thou wilt.
Our Father....Hail Mary.....Glory be.....
Lord Jesus, crucified,
Have mercy on us!
Through her heart, His sorrow sharing,
All His bitter anguish bearing,
Now at length the sword has passed.
No comments:
Post a Comment