I am concerned. Today I read in "World Net Daily" online an article about President Obama's newest Czar. Cecilia Munoz, new director of the Domestic Policy Council is connected to more than one radical organization, even serving on the board of George Soros' Open Society Institute. She has worked for La Raza for open borders and amnesty for illegals. Organizations such as Center for Community Change, Occupy (yes, I said Occupy), ACORN, Move On and all the arms of Soros' backed entities are in some way connected to her. Munoz will be coordinating policy-making processes for domestic policy. "The Hill" posted a news article about the appointment, but made no mention of the affiliations other than La Raza, described as "the largest Latino civil rights and advocacy organization in the United States."
Now we need to worry about the internet takeover. The Senate will be voting at the end of this month. Conservative websites, blogs, whatever is deemed harmful(?), could easily be blocked or terminated for any reason. WND would be one of the first to go, I imagine. Today, Rush Limbaugh, I heard was not on the schedule of the San Francisco radio station. I have not verified this; but if true, it's not a surprise. I will try to find out the truth of this. MSNBC has "suspended" Pat Buchanan. Who might be next? FAX your senator or call or write to protest the passage of this affront to free speech.
Another article came across online from RT Question More. Homeland Security now has written permission to retain data on "users of social media and online networking platforms." Anyone, not just journalists, but including bloggers who use "traditional and/or social media in real time to keep their audience situationally aware and informed" can be monitored. So, why is this important? DHS, if a blog or other news outlet disagrees with the Administration or brings news that the Administration wants to keep quiet, could silence or block the offending piece; and it can collect "personal identifiable information (PII)" on the news purveyor. That information might be useful if the "national security force" in the next paragraph might be called upon.
Another article from WND came across a couple of days ago about the militarization of the homefront. President Obama actually has his "national security force" that he determined in 2008 was necessary for the country. And it isn't a civilian force. Our U.S. military has been authorized by this President, with the cooperation of Congress, to arrest and detain "indefinitely without charge or trial any U.S. citizen on suspicion of being a terrorist." The top officer of the Nation Guard is now a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, against the wishes of that body. The National Guard is now a posse. This is forbidden by posse comitatus, but, as with much of what is being passed into law, with and without Congress, it doesn't matter.
Remember a couple of years ago Homeland Security put forth a list of what and who might be considered terrorists. Veterans home from the wars, Tea Party people, gun advocates, conservative christians,and the list went on, were all included. If you dissent, write or say something critical, you may be judged a terrorist and taken away. Forget habeus corpus. Forget the right to a lawyer.
So, because of e-mails from conservative groups that I have forwarded, political (and religious) opinions I have voiced or written in newspapers or online, I might be included in those suspected of "possible" terrorist acts. This does not make my breakfast sit well.
1/11/12
No comments:
Post a Comment