Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Feeling Helpless

I might, more often, maybe, note the Saint or Saints of the Day, just for information or inspiration.
October 26, Commemoration of St. Evaristus, Pope and Martyr. He was successor of St. Anacletus I, also martyred, governed the Church for nine years and condemned to death under Trajan in 109 A.D.

Note:  martyrs, in any age, are heroic symbols, and I repeat that I wonder how any of us would fare under persecutions.

*********************************************************************************
   Anger. Frustration. Disbelief.  I'm playing a familiar tune, I know.  It is just that I wonder what has happened to our country and its people. This is the land of my forefathers, native and immigrant alike. There never will be a Utopia in any lifetime. But, can you name a better form of government in the world? What other country has  (or had) the freedoms we enjoy? What other country feeds the hungry of the world, when and if greedy dictators let their people receive our largesse? What other country gives billions of dollars in aid to nation after nation, year after year?  And, ridiculous but true, we send aid money to China, to whom we are in debt up to our eyebrows and who is outstripping us in goods and trade.  What other country has led in saving other nations by force of arms and loss of fine young men, time after time? Why are Americans trashing the hand that feeds them, the business community?  We need unity of purpose to preserve our republic. The enemy understands force, not hesitation or weakness, not appeasement or consensus.  Right now, I'm talking about the "enemy" as not only the terrorist from without who wants to impose Sharia Law on the whole country (and those who have infiltrated and immigrated within who are weakening our laws), but our own American citizens who are the useful idiots of the communists and leftists who are no better.

     Our Constitution and Bill of Rights gives us, the people, as individuals, more freedom than any other human beings anywhere. Because we love freedom, those who would destroy us use our values against us. We cherish every nuance of liberty and we are invaded by enemies through indiscriminate granting of visas and through illegal immigration They live and work among us and plot our destruction. We are so afraid of losing our way of life that we are aiding our foes in taking it away from us anyway.

     Heaven forbid that we should use common sense and declare a moratorium on visas for middle easterners. Heaven forbid that we should deport those who are here, openly calling for Sharia Law and supporting terrorist groups overseas. Illegal immigration applies to more than people from Mexico. Terrorists are coming across with them. Some declare that it would be unthinkable to put the National Guard on our borders in sufficient numbers to halt all illegals. The posse comitatus argument is bogus. That was only meant to keep local law enforcement from using the army to form a posse. The National Guard should protect our land borders, as the Coast Guard protects our waters.

     Look what has happened in Europe. It is overrun with radical Islamists. In London, on 9/11/02, extremists met openly to promulgate the idea of a worldwide Islamic state. This is what the final goal is. The adherents to this brand of Islam are growing in number and are in every western nation. They pray in the streets of London and tie up traffic. This isn't by accident.

     If any of you are old enough to remember, the Nazis in the German-American Bund in the United States set up youth training camps, openly supporting Nazism. We have madrassas here and around the world, doing the same thing in the name of Islam. We and our allies managed to defeat the Axis in 1945, but not without a lot of blundering and opposition. Looking closely at some of the battles we should have lost, I think (dare I say it) that God was on our side.

     As I look at what passes for popular American culture these days ( I know, it's a subject I can't release), and the abominations we allow in the name of first amendment rights, which were meant to preserve the right of the people to speak and write in opposition to their government without fear of reprisal, not to promote pornography and filth, I wonder if the Almighty would give us a hand this time.  We are primarily a good people. When I see the ordinary human beings who, on 9/11/01 did their duty and more, who sacrificed themselves for others, who exemplified what is right about this country and its virtues, I have hope. It is paramount that those kind of people outnumber the shallow, sick, scum who influence too many of our youngsters to emulate their decadent behavior, un-dress, "dis"-respect and foul speech.  Shades of the Roman Empire! Good exists. Evil exists. Remember that. The two are at war. We are at war.

     I really fear, despite hope, for our nation. We have been lax in our perception of what are the dangers to our way of life, from within and without. Many of our leaders have been blind, deliberately, or for political considerations, or because they simply are too trusting that this unique nation in all the world can never be overcome.  Today, it is not blindness, I am convinced, but a deliberate attempt to destroy all we hold dear.  My children already fear for their children's futures. I hope they vow to educate them in our country's history and values. They should tell them what is at stake and what they could lose. They should also pray.

     God bless America, warts and all.

10/26/11

No comments:

Post a Comment